Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

There are so many things I want to write!  
About our emotions, how we arrived here.  At this place.  Adoption.  
I want to tell you all about the amazingness of children with Down syndrome.  How they so beautifully represent an aspect of God's character that is often overlooked, brushed aside, or seen as unimportant.  How throughout the day, AJ will tell me he loves me no less than 10 times a day.  About how AJ sees things that I fail to see, how he understands things I fail to understand and how he makes me stop sometimes and just listen to exactly what he has to say.

I am sure God is eager for us to do that.  
To stop. To listen.  To be captivated by HIM.


"...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14


"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27


We are his sheep.  We just have to listen.  
Matt and I are trying to listen.  
I know it doesn't seem like a rational, safe, easy decision. Adoption.  
Huge amounts of paperwork.  
Time commitments.  
Financial Commitments.   
Emotional commitments. 
Life commitments. 
 Yet here we are.  Trying to listen.  
Trying to obey.  I am confidant God is faithful.  
Where he leads, we will go.  



No comments:

Post a Comment